Friday, January 16, 2009

Soaking Up The Sun!

I was politely reminded by a friend back home, that I have not posted lately, and they were wondering if we were OK.  Well, yes we are, and I apologize for being so remiss, but it's hard to get back into the groove when you're enjoying the beautiful weather OUTSIDE!  I know, that was mean to my MidWest friends and family, but it is true!

So we flew to Burbank last week to visit Shimmy and her family and returned Monday afternoon.  We had a nice visit, had a picnic at the Griffith's Observatory in Hollywood and saw an interesting show at the planetarium there.  Shimmy has plans to visit us in Feb.

The Observatory. Yes they shot parts of 
Rebel Without A Cause 
here.  There is even a bust
of James Dean on a pedestal!

Here's a shot of WonderMom
with some dumb sign 
in the distant background.

And here's a shot of me with 
Thing 2 and Thing 1.
Aren't they cute!

Last Tuesday night, I videographed my first park event of the season and am in the process of preparing a DVD for sale.  Another event is planned for next month.

WonderMom is full into quilting with the park quilty ladies, and has entered her Stained Glass quilt in the Arizona Quilter Guild exhibition that happens in March.

Our local friend, OfficeCat, has retired and has a lot of free time.  She has graciously offered to be our cruise director for the winter and has already got us scheduled for a few events.  I appreciate it, otherwise we'd never get out of the trailer where we have our computers and Wii + Fit to entertain/exercise us!

Our sympathies to you folks back home.  I know what it feels like to endure that kind of weather.   That's why we're here in the Valley of the Sun now!

No comments: