Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day One is in the Bag!

We're here! In beautiful suburban Tulsa, OK! At our favorite Days Inn (hey they're cheap and we only need the beds). We had a delicious dinner from Wendy's - burgers, frys, and chocolate Frostys. This made up for the poor lunch we had (I jest. Supermom made scrumptious roast beef & provalone cheese sandwiches for lunch at our fuel stop in Sullivan, MO.

Speaking of Supermom, she had a really bad day, so bad in fact she wished I'd had it! She has been nurturing this little gift from her grand daughter Cutie Pie from Christmas. Just a tiny little Rhinovirus that has every orifice on her face dripping! (Excuse me, I had to sneeze! - Guess who's next!) When she wasn't sniffling, she was sneezing or wiping her eyes, or coughing. She declined my generous invitation to pilot the Snobrd for an hour or so. She said she couldn't see past the windshield! I'm showing symptoms of a similar sort. Hope I can stave them off until Tuesday evening!

The bird (Snobrd - our white van) flew well today. Avoided a few encounters with less than talented drivers, but no problems on the whole. The traffic was fairly heavy all the way, Christmas visitors returning home I suspect. The truck traffic was lighter than usual. We took I-270 around St. Louis instead of I-255 around the south end of town. It seemed quicker and was definitely less complicated, so we picked up I-44 with no problem.

Weather was sunny and clear after we got out of Illinois. A trucker I talked to in the motel lobby said his information is clear sailing all the way to Albuquerque. Will try to hit the sack early and get up before the birds so we can get an early start. Albuquerque (I hate typing that name!) is a little tough driving into at sunset. You're going down steep mountain grades and looking directly into the sun.

Trip stats are on the sidebar (if I get it right!) Rats! I'll work on the formating later. I'm bushed for now.

No comments: