Monday, March 10, 2008

Arizona Doesn't Save Daylight!

You folks back home sprang ahead today and are now 2 hours ahead of us. Arizona is officially on Pacific time now until this fall. That means Shimmy is on the same time as we are now. So while I am creating this blog at midnight, Cricket and Paco and kids are fast asleep at 2:00 AM! And we're 3 hours ahead of Socket, Mistletoe, and Pickle in NC! And we lose 2 hours on the trip home next month! Isn't this fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WonderMom's quilt was a big hit at the show. It was just a show, no judging or anything. WonderMom's quilt was totally different from anything else in the show. It appears random, but there is a vague symmetry about it, it's just hard to see. It is about 81" square in it's current state. It will finish out around 88" x 96".

So here it is, as well as I could capture it.

The red-ish area on the left and the brighter area on the right are from sunlight shining through colored windows behind the quilt. Not the best for photography. Here's a close-up of a few panels.:








Here's shots of some of the other quilts for comparison.
Nice, well done and very symmetrical, which is normal for the typical quilt. Some beautiful work on display.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The stained glass quilt is still a work in progress. It will have a large (~ 3 inch) black border all the way around. There will be an additional 3 inch high color "glass" panel running across the quilt on one end, followed by another 3 inch black border, giving it sort of a transom effect for the "stained glass window"! The black border areas will have freehand quilting with variegated, possibly metallic, top thread, while the main panel will be "stitch in the ditch" quilting! There won't be any quilting in the colored panels. More photos as the project nears completion.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My project is crawling along, but the end is near. I've got all but the finale section of the talent show edited in iMovie. Once I finish that and clean it up, I can burn the DVD and get it duplicated. If I get it delivered this week, I'm on time since I told the Social Office it would be a minimum of 2 weeks to deliver the finished product. I found a FREE program on the Internet that will let me adjust the length of an audio clip so I can match it to it's respective video clip. That saved me a lot of work trying to match the audio from tape to the video from my camera. One of my problems with the whole project is that I have a lot more audio than video, so I've to be creative, finding ways to generate video time to cover the audio time.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Enough for tonight. More next week. Enjoy that extra daylight back there in IL and NC.

3 comments:

kate said...

I love that quilt, so beautiful! Nice job WonderMom!

We here in IL are lucky, we have the next week off from school- read: seven days to get used to the time change. We'd be a lot more complainy (is too a word!) if we had to go to school/work this week.

Now we just have to plan our free time!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! A guaranteed winner in the Illinois State Fair (or any other competition) if you choose to enter!

Anonymous said...

Jeepers Supermom, that looks fantastic! You should totally enter it in whatever.

Also, metallic on the black: YUM! Rainbowy metallic? We should talk!!

Anyway its really really really gorgeous. Can't wait to see it in person this summer.

Also, all that business at the beginning about the time change made my head hurt, what with the lack of sleep and all.