Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter...yesterday!

I hope you enjoyed your early Easter Sunday, the earliest since 1913! The first full moon after the vernal equinox fell on the same day as the equinox, Thursday, this year, so Easter, the first Sunday after that totally non-Christian sequence of astronomical events, is really early! I understand some Midwestern bonnets got snowed on! Well take heart, spring weather is just ahead! I've been promised it will arrive no later than April 4th, the date of our return from the Valley of the Sun to the Land of Lincoln.

We're spending the weekend with Shimmy and her family, in sunny (for a change) CA. We had a fun morning. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were out in the front yard squealing with delight at the treasure of eggs hidden there - at 6:30 AM! I'm sure the neighbors appreciated the early wake up call. WonderMom and I got the full effect as our bedroom window is right on the front yard. But we enjoyed seeing the kids having fun.

Shimmy's friend and her kids came over for dinner. I grilled a couple of huge sirloins and we had a nice meal. That was about it for the day. Monday promises to be a day of adventure since both the Things are in school and Shimmy isn't! She always surprises us with some uniquely CA experience. WonderMom and I are a hard sell on the CA lifestyle. Don't know if the girls will get their spring pedicure or not.

We head back to Phoenix on Tuesday and start packing for the trip home. The winter sure seemed to fly by out here, but I guess we were just to busy to notice. It'll be good to get back home though; get the garden started, and watch things green up. Going to try growing a tomato plant upside down this year. I hear they do well that way and need only minimal upkeep and no staking! We'll see.

Next Sunday will be the last weekly blog. Hopefully I'll be able to chronicle the trip home.

No comments: