We're here in Albuquerque with day one of the drive home "in the can" as they say. It's MDT here, one hour later than AZ and one hour earlier than IL, so we lose an hour each day when we drive East. Tulsa is on CDT so we'll be good coming into town on Friday!
Left the RV park about 9:30 this morning, after a few goodbye hugs and kisses. We'll miss our AZ neighbors, Marble and Lank. The trip up I-17 to Flagstaff and across I-40 to Albuquerque was uneventful, just a couple of a**hole drivers out there. We made a pit stop in Winslow, AZ around noon, and our first gas stop about 3:30 MDT, in Gallup, NM. Mileage was good, about 23 MPG with a heavy load, AC running most of the time and climbing 7000 feet. The strong southerly wind helped a bit, I'm sure.
WonderMom and I just finished a typically scrumptious Denny's dinner. I'm off to bed after I finish this tome! Just noticing the iChat buddy list is totally empty. Where is everyone? Socket is out of town on business so he's excused, but both Cricket, and Shimmy are gone too. Also haven't seen LornaDoone out there for a while. Whup! Cricket juast popped up.
Well, that's all for tonight. I'll report in again tomorrow night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment