Not much going on this past week, so my news is limited! Spent most of the week recording (via EyeTV) Oscar winning movies on the TCM channel which is not available at home. They’ve had some really great movies on the past 2 weeks, uncut and uninterrupted. Tonight they had Mr. Holland’s Opus. I spend the most time getting them burned to DVD's so we can watch them when we want.
Went to line dancing lessons again today. Starting to get the hang of it, I think! It’s fun, but I doubt I’ll go line dancing back home! I like to dance, but was never much good at following specific steps. I just kinda fake it in time with the music - go figure!
WonderMom has been sewing her little fingers off during the week, both with the ladies at the clubhouse and out on the patio. She makes good use of the table we’ve got set up out there.
This coming week, I’ve volunteered to videographer the annual talent show. Residents of the park get together and show off their show-business talents; singing and dancing usually, but other talents as well. This will be my first time to attend the show, so I don’t know what to expect. I’ll find out Monday night at the dress rehearsal. The show runs 2 nights, Tuesday and Wednesday.
This will be a learning experience for me as I will be using my still camera in the video mode to do the recording. (Next year I’ll bring my video camera!) I’ve tested it and can record for at least 1-1/2 hours on one set of batteries. I will have to change media at the 1 hour mark though. Also, I'm having the audio portion recorded separately for better sound, and plan to mix the audio and video on the Mac in iMovie.
Enough geek speak for tonight. I’ll follow up next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment