Thursday, January 3, 2008

California, Here We Are

Well Southwest Airlines did a fine job for us today. Got us to the left coast without a hitch. We left home about 8AM and found our parking facility with no difficulty. They provided a shuttle service to the airport and we made it with time to spare. The flight out was uneventful.

Our daughter, Shimmy, and her boys, Thing 1 and Thing 2, met us at the airport promptly and took us out to lunch at a real Chinese eatery. It must be a good place for Chinese food because we were the only Anglos in the place. Everyone else, from wait staff to customers was Chinese or some other Asian ethnicity. Couldn't understand a word of the normal restaurant chatter. Oh, and the food was good!

We are having a pleasant visit with our California girl and her clan. SuperMom and I are both pretty bushed though, and took a long nap after lunch. And now I'm ready for bed again! This getting old stuff sure takes a lot out of you, well me anyhow!

We'll do this again tomorrow if anything noteworthy happens.

1 comment:

kate said...

Oh yes. You are ancient! Maybe you should eat Asian food more often, I hear they live longer.

I'm amazed at your positive attitude about the flight, you should take naps more often!

I'm so glad you're having a time with my lovely sister, squeeze her for me. I miss her! (and the boys!)