Saturday, January 26, 2008

45 And Counting

How sweet it is, and has been! Saturday was WonderMom's and my 45th wedding anniversary. It's been a fun ride, and we're looking forward to many more years of it. Having six wonderful grandkids has sweetened the journey immeasurably!

Being a romantic sort of a guy, I was happy to buy my bride something she has been lusting after for a few years now.



Pretty nice, don't you think? She was delighted and used it extensively on Friday! I probably won't be allowed to use it this winter at all.


I took us out to dinner with our friends Office Cat and NASCAR Guy at a Black Angus Steak House, which are plentiful in Phoenix. Now I really am a little more romantic than a vacuum cleaner. I ordered a dozen roses for WonderMom while she and Office Cat were at the Sewing Fetival at the Arizona State Fair Grounds. The flowers were to be delivered to our unit before 4:30 PM so I could take them to the restaurant where I was to meet up with the girls and NASCAR Guy. Of course, they didn't arrive on time so I winged it...

across the street to my neighbor, Mick, who has a beautiful rose bush growing in front of his unit, and asked if I could buy one of his roses so I didn't have to meet WonderMom empty handed. After all, she gave me a lovely, hand made card this morning. Mick was just great about it and said I could just take one, no charge, and handed me a pair of sissors. So this is what I took to dinner...



a beautiful Peace Rose, one of several blooming on his 4 foot high bush.


On my way to the restaurant, driving in moderately heavy traffic on the I-10, the flower delivery guy calls my cell phone and says he is in the RV park but can't find our unit, so I get to direct him through the park to our unit - while avoiding other traffic. Something I hate to do and really upsets me when other's do it. But I survived the experience, this time.

Dinner was great! A triple entrée special, steak, lobster, and shrimp, plus sides for $17. It was more than enough, even for me. The company was great, as always with these folks. The girls regaled us with stories of how much they spent today. NASCAR Guy and I smiled a lot!

After a pleasant evening we drove home, which by the way takes us right past the site of next weekend's Super Bowl game. It's a carnival there already, if you can afford it. More about that on another day.

When we arrived home, WonderMom finally got her roses, and all was well with the world.



If you're interested, I got my EyeTV 250+ installed on the MacMini today - nice device. Works well, as advertised. Leave comments if you want any info on it.

1 comment:

kate said...

You're such a romantic. My guess is WonderMom like the free one best. But they're all beautiful. I'll bet she even lets you use the vacuum to show you how much she appreciated them! Happy Hoovering!