Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We Made It - Ta Da!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all! Well, we’re here, finally, it seemed like it took forever!

Supermom drove thru the pine forest today on Rte 87 until it got too steep and curvey for me to handle! I took a few photos, but haven’t gotten around to downloading them. Mañana! (See, I can assimilate!)


I’ll put them i
n the blog in a day or 2, probably from Shimmy’s place.

Nothing eventful on the trip today. We left Albuquerque at 6:30 AM MST. It was 15°F! Made it to Gallup, NM just after sunrise. Got to Winslow at 10:30 and stopped for lunch in Payson about 150 miles from Phoenix. Pulled in our driveway at 1:45PM MST. It was 65°F! 50° change in 8 hours! Couldn’t hug any of the folks here though for fear of starting an epidemic of the Cutie bug. Supermom is at the horse stage, and sounds like a bad radio when she talks - drops half of almost every word she utters. I, on the other hand, can talk fine, between sniffles and sneezes, but my head and ears are all stuffed up and I can barely hear. Can you imagine the fun we had trying to communicate on the trip! SuperMom: “ Di.. yo.. se.. th.. ha.. ov.. the..?” Me:”What!? Did you say something to me?” On and on, all day. We just gave up after a while. The trailer is fine. Our friends took good care of it for us. They are all fine. I’ve even made arrangements with one of the guys from the computer forum to let me use his network and printer to print out my boarding passes and parking voucher. Good thing I didn’t rely on my Internet connection being available - it’s not! Cox Cable in their super service,I think, hooked up the wrong cable. They sure didn’t hook up mine! I’m using the free Internet access at the main clubhouse to publish this. Poor SuperMom is home, alone, with no Internet, OR TV! I’ll have to hurry this and get back before she goes berserk! We have a date to meet Office Cat and her hubby NASCAR Guy at Maçao’s for dinner tomorrow evening. It will be good to see them again. More tomorrow. Gotta go!

No comments: