Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting Settled

Our larder is stocked and the computer network is almost fully operational. I convinced SuperMom to buy a few prepared meals to cut down on her workload. We got some LaChoy meals in a can and some Banquette crock pot meals, and a really good Bertolli Ziti with Italian sausage we had tonight. I think she's convinced!

Had lunch on AARP yesterday. The Asst. State Coordinator for the Driver Safety Program Instructors (which WonderMom and I both are) took us out to Cracker Barrel for a get acquainted meeting and quick paperwork review. We have a class to teach here in the park next week and he set up another for us to teach in mid March at another RV Park up I-17 a little ways. We just started this past summer and find it kind of interesting and enjoyable. We get to meet a lot of folks like ourselves. Most of the folks in the park here are "Snowbirds" like ourselves.

Today, I got to visit one of my favorite places in Phoenix, Fry's Electronics! I cajoled WonderMom to accompany me, and keep me under control! I needed a USB extension cable to connect the printer to a computer, and found one for about $8. The bill at checkout was just under $100. WonderMom is out of practice!

So the computers are working fine now, and even recording TV shows for us. Now I have to see if I can get my good Wi-Fi router to work. It didn't when I tried yesterday. That's my job for tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo, first of all, who do you think you're fooling with "oh, I forgot a cable", like that ever happens. As if you need an excuse for a Fry's excursion.

And, do watch the salt levels in the prepared meals. We don't want you shriveling up in AZ.